We have released our latest whitepaper, ‘Digital commerce – how businesses achieve global success’; a best practice guide which identifies how businesses can harness the power of global eCommerce solutions.
With online sales predicted to reach $1.6 trillion by 2018, the white paper examines the growing adoption of connected devices and the current state of the changing commerce landscape and identifies the seven critical steps for global success in a competitive marketplace.
The seven steps to success are summarised as follows:
- Getting the financials right – Solid financial planning is key and it is crucial to allocate enough time and budget before commencing a project of this kind. Organisations need to build longer than anticipated timescales and recognise that a replatforming roll out will be competing against other resources.
- Choosing the right technology and architecture – The complex technical integration needed for a global digital commerce solution must be respected right from the start of a project. The architecture design needs to be able to integrate with ‘best of breed’ technologies, it needs to be agile and a solution that can be quickly and easily rolled out across the different regions.
- Putting the right people in place – A digital commerce solution is only as good as the people behind it and building strong team chemistry is key and the gel that will bring everything together. The strength of the team really is the difference between success and failure.
- Data readiness is key – Getting product data right from day one, including an understanding of how a product is categorised and searched for, needs to be the core foundation to a solution. It is also important to start planning dataware house and intelligence dashboards to capture trading data.
- The importance of global governance – Every global digital commerce solution needs a visionary to head the team and push the boundaries. This champion needs to drive the momentum of the project and maintain the pace of global roll out so delivery takes place as scheduled.
- Global solutions are the future – The concept of a single global solution may seem daunting at first but one platform means synergies and shared costs, as well as the shared benefits of collectively improving solutions. Digital commerce has the power to transform business processes, bringing real cost benefits throughout the entire commerce lifecycle.
- Continuous optimisation – Employing a strategy of continuous optimisation is essential to ensure that progressive enhancements are made to a solution and for delivering added flexibility. An agile solution will allow processes to be quickly improved in line with changing business needs for the long-term.
Commenting on the white paper’s insights, Matt Clarke, Chief Technology Officer at Amaze, said:
“While it is encouraging to see some organisations standing on the threshold of digital commerce, others are still unsure of how and where to begin. Organisations need to embrace this new era of digital commerce, as real growth and success will only come with an ongoing and accurate understanding of the changing needs of consumers. For those organisations that do make this leap, by following these seven critical steps, they are set to expect real rewards in the long-term.”
Download the full white paper here.